Jul 26, 2016

How To Decorate With Your S.O. & Not Go Insane




So they would enjoy each other, and the meal she'd prepared in the awkward, homely kitchen with fresh flowers arranged in a plastic pitcher.
As beginnings went, this one had elements of both of them. Wasn't it interesting how one managed to complement the other?
"You know, if you made me a list of stuff I should have in here, I could pick it up."
She arched her brows, took the wine he offered, then pulled a little notepad out of her apron pocket.
"This is already half full. I was planning to wait until you were lulled into complacency by meat and potatoes."
He flipped through the notebook and noted that items were listed under specific headings. Foodstuffs, Cleaning Supplies—with subheadings Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry—Household Necessities. Jesus, the woman was irresistible.
"Am I going to need to take out a loan?"
“Think of it as an investment." Taking the notebook from him, she tucked it into his shirt pocket, then concentrated on the potatoes. "Oh, by the way, I really like the art in your office upstairs."
"Art?" It took him a minute. "Oh, my girls. Really?"
"Clever, nostalgic, sexy, stylish. It's a great room altogether, which I admit was something of a relief to me, considering the rest of the house."


Key of Light



_____________________




By Daniel G. Wells III - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, 
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=46112112



Moving in together is a big step — decorating should not be taken lightly. 




Deciding to move in with your S.O. is a big step. But, not just for the reasons you may think. 

What we really care about is how to seamlessly decorate with your S.O. Do you throw out your stuff in lieu of all new dรฉcor? Do you deal with his or her penchant for dusty collectables? 

Well, we tapped Oakland-based jewelry designer Marisa Mason and husband and furniture designer Dave Bell of Jacob May Design to get the scoop







_____________________




" It's a kitchen. An actual kitchen."
He was getting it now, and the charge of watching her revel. She'd switched from the rhumba to... he wasn't sure 'what. But she looked really cute. "What was it before?"
"There is no name for what it was before. I'm so happy. I'm so grateful. You're the most wonderful man in the world." She caught his face in her hands and kissed him. "And I'm a terrible person."
"Why? Not the 'I'm wonderful' part, because, hey. But why are you a terrible person?"
"Because I wouldn't move in with you before you did this. I made the kitchen a kind of exchange. Remodel the kitchen and I'll live with you. It was selfish. It worked," she added, raining kisses over his face. "But it was selfish. You're doing this for me. I know I said I wouldn't move in until it was finished, and I even made snarky comments about the lamps up in the bedroom."
"Something about not being fit to light a cave inhabited by bats and blind spiders."
"Yes, that was one of them. Anyway, forgive me?"
"Okay."
"I know it's not quite finished. There's still the counters and the backsplash and, oh, a few more things, but I don't want to wait anymore. I'll move in tomorrow, and we can start, officially, living together."


Key of Knowledge